Do you know buying a meat grinder can actually cut off up to $50 from your monthly expenses?
If you are thinking I just made the line up, then let me clear the air for you.
According to the latest release from the U.S Department of Energy, every household in the United State has an average expenditure of $110.21 for paying their electricity bills.
Now, a larger part of our electricity bill generates because of the several electronic appliances we use every day. Surely those cannot be excluded from our daily life. But buying a meat grinder can actually cut your electricity bill at a huge rate.
Being a multi-tasker, a meat grinder is perfectly able to smash other kitchen foods with ease and if you buy the attachments it will be able to perform as a full fleged food processor. So, basically while paying for one kitchen appliance you are getting several instead.
Other than that, a meat grinder is faster than the rest of its counterpart and generates comparatively low electricity bill. Though the hand meat grinders will save more bucks as they do not run on electricity.
Also, a meat grinder will save your effort and time. As you know labor and time are both the alternatives for money, it is sure, that you are going to save some dollars at the end of the month.
Do not thank me, thank your meat grinder!
What Can You Process In Your Grinder Other Than Meat?
There is a wide set of reasons which actually define the purposes of keeping a meat grinder in your kitchen.
Clearly, the first reason you want to buy a meat grinder is to grind meat at home.
Grinding meat at home will ensure the good health of your family from those chemical additives, added in the processed meat.
Not only that, you can enjoy delicious dishes from hamburger to sausages with less effort. Other than these benefits, a meat grinder can provide you with more that you can hardly imagine.
The Versatility Of Your Meat Grinder:
Do you have a vegetable mincer in your kitchen? Or you are planning to buy one?
If you are thinking of wasting money in buying other appliance then don’t as your grinder can do the job better than your vegetable mincer.
A meat grinder is capable of working as a complete food processor which can process fruits, vegetables, cheese, fishes and bread. So, buying another vegetable processor is out of the question.
In case you have to chop vegetables or fruits for your small family daily, also you need to grind the comparatively smaller amount of meat then you can buy a hand-cranked meat grinder.
A hand-cranked grinder will need a little elbow grease and no electricity to grind your meat and veggies. Save time and money both.
And for the large families who are in the hunting activity as well they can use an electric meat grinder to grind a large amount of meat and veggies.
Other than chopping fruits, vegetables, cheese, and bread, often the grinder is used for achieving the right shape and texture for cookie dough. Dried fruits can also be ground in the grinder for making cakes and cookies.
What Precautions To Take While Grinding Other Foods In A Meat Grinder?
Precautions should be followed each time while grinding meat as well as other foods through a meat grinder.
Meat is less juicy than vegetables and fruits, so while chopping fruits and veggies in the grinder, it is common that you are going to waste some juice of the fruits and veggies.
Certainly, we do not want to waste such nutrients rich juice, do we?
That is why while chopping your veggies and fruits, you need to prepare beforehand. Keep in mind the below details.
- First, start with the basic. A meat grinder has different plates for grinding meat. So, while grinding vegetables you need to select the plate according to the size of the ground vegetable, you want.
- Now, there are three available plates – less coarse, coarse and fine. If you want to chop your veggies finely then you can use that plate, though I will always recommend you to use the coarse plate as it is of the standard size.
- Small pieces of vegetables have the chance of over-cooking but if you chop medium sized veggies then it will cook perfectly, though in some salads you need to chop fine vegetables and fruits, in that case, you can use the fine plate.
- Vegetables like potatoes, beets, carrots, radishes etc can be cut into two halves and then run through the grinder, and for the comparatively bigger veggies like broccoli, cabbage, bottle gourd, etc you can make four pieces and then run through the grinder.
- Doing this will faster the grinding process. In case you have a meat grinder of commercial series then you can keep the veggies in two pieces, as it is capable of chopping bigger sizes of fruits and veggies faster. Before switching on the grinder put a juice extractor net in a large container and keep it below the output of the grinder.
- After switching on, while you start putting the pieces in the hopper, you can clearly see that a large amount of juice is rolling out from the output with the chopped fruits or veggies.
- The juice will be collected in the container and the extractor net will contain the pieces of the veggies and fruits. Now, you can use them according to your purpose. Though while chopping bread and cheese surely a container is enough.
If your meat grinder has different speeds available then first start with the medium speed and then boost the speed if needed.
Ensure these precautions and you will be able to chop vegetables and fruits with your meat grinder effortlessly and productively.
A meat grinder has numerous benefits if handled with care. Using a meat grinder is also not an uphill task, but still, people prefer to eat those carcinogenic processed foods.
Ensuring your family’s good health depends on you, so make sure, you are taking the right decision, as nothing can be crucial than the wellbeing of your family.