Weston #10 Manual Tinned Meat Grinder and Sausage Stuffer Review
Two things come with any Weston Manual meat grinder for sure are durability and performance and with this Weston, size 10 Manual Tinned Meat Grinder and Sausage Stuffer you will never be disappointed.
This grinder is well suited in any household kitchen. If you want to grind a small amount of meat within affordable cost then this grinder is specially designed for you.
Whether you want to grind meat for burgers or to make sausages for your little kids this grinder will be your absolute helper. Buying the product for daily or occasional use will surely be a great idea for you.
Features Of Weston Manual Meat Mincer:
This top rated manual meat grinder is perfectly equipped with all the features that you will be requiring in the process of making your meat at home.
- The size of the grinder is 10.
- The housing is made of tin.
- The grinder has a clamp-on style and attaches to any countertop up to 1 and a half inch thick.
- Ergonomically designed handle.
- For coarse and fine grinding adjustable burrs are available.
- Easily disassembled parts for cleaning.
- The rubber pads on the feet are of damage proof.
- The dimension of the product is 5.2 x 12.1 x 9.4 inches.
- The weight of the product is 19 pounds.
- The dimension of the Hopper is 3 x 4 inches.
- The auger bearing is made of heavy duty nylon.
- One year manufacturer warranty is included with this product.
Accessories included with this Weston Manual Meat Grinder:
- One sharp steel Knife.
- 2 steel plates of- 4.5mm and 10 mm.
- A sausage stuffing kit with adapter, spacer and 3 different sizes of funnels- 14mm, 19 mm and 24 mm.
- Big size hopper.
- User manual book.
What are the pros?
- This popular manual meat grinder has a heavy built cast-iron body which makes it durable for many years. But the weight of the grinder is not at all heavy for portability.
- The ergonomically designed handle is very suitable for moving effortlessly and the big sized hopper yields a larger quantity of meat at once. The durable handle will also not get clogged if used for a longer period of time.
- Also, you don’t have to worry about breaking the parts like the knife, plates etc as they are made of steel.
- The fine and coarse grinding plates will give you the leverage of getting the ground meat according to your requirements.
- The cast iron body of the grinder is resistant to corrosion and damage. Hence there is no doubt the product is durable.
- The hand cranked grinders are very suitable and cost-effective for occasional use as they don’t charge you electric bill like the electric grinders which have motors in them
- Also, the motors are prone to overheat and overloading of power. So if you want a meat grinder for a smaller quantity of grind then opt for this best manual meat grinder.
- You can mount this clamp-down grinder permanently on a table or counter top or you can use the durable rubber feet for temporary mounting.
- Mounting is always necessary as it helps you to put pressure on the handle while grinding hard meat.
- Manual hand-cranked meat grinders are very easy to use as well as clean. As the parts can be effortlessly disassembled. You can wash it with your hands by using warm water and mild soap.
TIP: You can put a layer of vegetable oil to keep it away from rusts. Overall it will be a cost-effective grinder for your family and also the three different sized funnels of the sausage stuffing kit will be very helpful.
What are the cons?
Though buying a hand cranked grinder itself indicates that the user wants to grind a smaller amount of meat occasionally, but still as per cons are considered below points must be taken into consideration:
- The grinder cannot grind a large amount of meat as the user has to give a huge effort for grinding.
- The grinder’s body is not rust proof.
- The parts can lose their coating after a long period of usage.
- This Weston manual meat grinder is not at all dishwasher friendly.
Frequently asked questions by the buyers?
- Can this grinder grind bones? Or would this be useful for raw feeding meals for dogs?
- No, this Weston manual meat grinder is not capable of grinding bones. As the model is hand cranked it will take a huge effort to grind bones.
- Is there a cookie attachment that fits in this grinder?
- Yes, such cookie attachments can be attached to this grinder apart from the sausage attachment that is already been provided with this grinder.