Weston No. 12, 3/4 HP Commercial Meat Grinder and Sausage Stuffer Review
The Weston No. 12 commercial meat grinder and sausage stuffer is ideal for grinding wild game, venison and other meats in a large quantity with ease. The solid unit grinds 7-9 pounds of meat per minute which adequately indicates its capacity.
The .75 HP motor gives you the leverage of grinding meat faster and easier. With these qualities intact the Weston commercial meat grinder is certainly the best electric meat grinder.
Also, the motor is pre-cooled which means it will hardly get over-heated while grinding wild fibrous meats.
Features of Weston 3/4 HP Commercial Meat Grinder :
Certainly one of the greatest features of this grinder is the sausage stuffer which allows the user to prepare a variety of meat recipes.
Other than that this grinder has an impressive array of attachments which exclude it from its competitors and makes it the top rated grinder.
Below is a detailed overview of the features that this product has.
- The size of the grinder is 12.
- The .75 HP or 550 watts power motor is permanently lubricated and air-cooled.
- The motor also comes with a safety circuit breaker.
- The Auger is equipped with Inch-Cyclone-Inch technology which gives it high speed.
- The outer housing is made of stainless steel which keeps the grinder away from rusts.
- 42 pounds in weight.
- Dimensions are- 8 x 20 x 15.5 inches.
- The gears are made of hard metal and bathed in oil.
- Well specified on/off switch.
- Offset Head Design for easy meat flow along with a locking knob.
- The grinder also has non-slip Rubber Feet.
- A well built handle for portability.
- 1 year limited warranty by the manufacturer.
Accessories included with this Weston product:
The product comes with a wide range of accessories.
- Stuffing Auger
- One stainless steel super sharp grinding knife.
- 2 grinding plates for Coarse (7mm) and Medium (4.5mm) grind.
- Three stuffing funnels of 20mm, 30mm and 40mm for various sausage stuffing.
- The grinder also has an easy attaching universal flange along with a stuffing star.
- The dimension of the Stainless Steel stuffing funnel is 10 mm.
- A heavy built stomper.
What are the Pros?
This Weston meat grinder is no doubt is the best companion for small restaurants and big game hunting families who want to make their game meat at home.
This size 12 grinder indicates a large quantity of meat grinding at once and also the manufacturer has claimed that the grinder can grind up to 540 pounds of meat per hour.
The motor of this electric meat grinder is permanently air cooled and lubricated which gives the motor a long life. That means the motor will not get over-heated if runs for a longer period of time.
A safety circuit breaker is also included with the 550 watts motor so that the motor remains unaffected in a case of power over-loading.
The offset design of the head along with the locking knob ensures the maximum amount of meat flow without any problem.
The gears are bathed in oil for silent and smooth work; also they are made of solid metal so they can grind small bones without breaking. That means the grinder is perfectly capable of grinding pet food each day.
The stainless steel body gives the grinder a long-lasting life from any kind of damage and corrosions. And the two different grinding plates let you grind according to your choice.
The inch-cyclone-inch technology auger delivers fast grinding and the heavy built stomper acts as a helping hand.
The best thing about this top rated meat grinder is the non-slip rubber feet that keep the grinders intact in the same place while grinding. The sturdy handle also helps in the easy moving of the grinder.
The sausage stuffing tubes make the grinder a complete package of meat processing. The cleaning procedure is easy because of the easy disassembling of the product.
Weston meat grinder has the below cons-
- The product is 42 pounds so it is a little bit heavy to move.
- The grinder is not at all dishwasher friendly.
Frequently asked Question of the buyers:
Does it have a reverse switch?
- No, the product does not have any reverse switch. Though you will not be needing one as the grinder is perfectly capable of grinding wild and domestic meat along with small bones without clogging.
How easy or difficult is the machine to clean?
- The Weston meat grinder is very easy to clean. First disassemble the parts then dip them into the warm soapy water for some minutes, and use a baby bottle brush to clean them. After cleaning and soaking put a layer of vegetable oil which will help the grinder to last long.